Are you considering investing in dentures for missing teeth? But not sure whether or not it is the right decision? In this blog, we will look at the top reason why you should or shouldn’t get dentures to help fill in those missing teeth.
Before we get into the benefits you should know that there are two different types of dentures. There are full or complete dentures and partial dentures. Complete dentures are a full set of removable teeth that replace all of those that are missing. These dentures replace the teeth on your upper and lower jaw. Partial dentures replace one or more missing teeth.
Benefits of Dentures
- They Improve your ability to bite and chew. Dentures will give you the ability to eat and chew without having pains or difficulties.
- They help give your facial structure a full appearance. Dentures will help fill in the muscles in your cheeks for the gaps of missing teeth. This will give your face a fuller look.
- Dentures are created quickly . Dentures can be created quickly since the materials to make them are readily available.
- They have a Low upfront cost. Dentures are a cheaper alternative to implants, saving your money while filling in the gaps.
Disadvantage of Dentures
- Dentures may be less cost efficient in the long run. One thing about dentures is that they don’t last as long as other tooth replacements. This means that you will have to buy more dentures throughout a long period.
- Dentures have to be taken out to clean. Unlike natural teeth, you must take your dentures out at night to make sure that they have been properly cleaned.
If you are looking to get dentures or would like to learn more make sure to contact the team at Dr. Simon Pong Family and Cosmetic Dentistry today!