Invisalign Frequently Asked Questions
Can Anyone Use Invisalign Braces?
Invisalign braces are an appropriate treatment for a range of issues including:
- Crowded teeth
- Gapped teeth, and
Some cases may be too severe, in which case your dentist will advise you.
Invisalign is suitable for adults and teens, but not for younger children due to the ongoing development of their teeth.
Are Invisalign Consultations Free?
Yes, your initial consultation is completely free of charge.
It includes a dental examination, smile simulation, and an opportunity to ask your dentist any questions you have about Invisalign treatment. Schedule your free consultation today.
Is Invisalign Less Painful than Braces?
Yes, patients report less discomfort with Invisalign compared to metal braces.
Patients may still experience some initial soreness in their teeth and jaws, but your dentist will advise you on chewing exercises that reduce discomfort levels and promote the effectiveness of your aligners.
How Many Hours a Day Do You Need to Wear Invisalign?
To work effectively you need to wear your Invisalign braces for a minimum of 20-22 hours a day.
The more direct contact they have with your teeth, the more effective results they produce.
The retainers can be removed at mealtimes and when playing sports, but it is recommended to keep them in place for as many hours a day as possible.
How Often Do You Need to Visit the Dentist with Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign patients typically need to visit their dentist every 4-6 weeks to ensure treatment is working effectively.
Your dentist will advise you of your schedule depending on your personalized treatment program.
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Last?
Results vary from person to person, but a typical treatment time frame is around 12 months.
On average, Invisalign braces almost halve the time taken for effective treatment compared to metal braces.
Important Things to Know About Invisalign
- Expect to wear your aligners for 22 hours a day. Apart from taking them out to eat and clean your teeth, they should remain in your mouth as much as possible to increase their effectiveness.
- Brush your teeth! As well as brushing morning and night you should brush after every meal to minimize the risk of staining your aligners and the build-up of plaque on your teeth.
- In some cases you may need to wear small additional ridges or attachments with your aligners. Your dentist will advise you if so.
- Invisalign braces are practically invisible. Clean them regularly to prevent stains so that they remain clear and discreet throughout the duration of treatment.
- You don’t need to remove your aligners while drinking cold drinks, but hot beverages can warp your braces
Need More Help?
If you’re interested in adult invisible braces, or braces for your teen, Dr. Simon Pong can help you figure out if Invisalign is the right fit.
Our team has helped many adults and teens transform their smiles with Invisalign braces.
Schedule a free consultation with our team today to learn more about the benefits of Invisalign invisible braces for adults.